The Indian Academy of Highway Engineers (IAHE), under the Ministry of Road Transport & Highways (MORTH), has signed an agreement with the University of New South Wales (UNSW), Australia for setting up a Centre for Advanced Transportation Technology and Systems (CATTS) at IAHE, Noida.
About the CATTS agreement
- CATT is to be created to respond to the significant changes brought about by the increasing use of advanced technologies in the transportation field.
- It will provide a bridge between the intelligent transportation systems community, the information technology community, and other disciplines essential to the successful application of ITS.
- The Agreement is for a project for capacity building, technology transfer, and creation of enabling environment for the establishment of CATTS in IAHE.
- The UNSW will also deliver a course, certified by it, on smart transport systems and modeling.
The broad scope of CATTS is in the following areas:
- Building India-specific Macro Model (Computable Equilibrium Model) for entire Nation Highway network and in-principle National Highways by UNSW, including coding of simulation software, calibration & validation, and scenario analysis.
- Building India-specific Urban Pervasive Data Model for City by UNSW including coding of simulation software, calibration & validation, and scenario analysis.
- It will also promote industries and startups from Australia and India in the transportation sector, including opportunities for innovation, research, and development of advanced transport systems.