- Posted By
Polity & Governance
31st Jul, 2020
- Union Ministry for Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution has launched the ‘BIS-Care’ app and e-BIS portal.
- Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) Care app enables Consumers to check the authenticity of the ISI-marked and hallmarked products and lodge complaints using this app.
- It is important to ensure that consumers are aware of the standards and quality products and help in eliminating the supply of sub-standard products.
- E-BIS portal - It has three components namely the Standardization, Conformity Assessment and Training Portals for consumers.
- It is an integrated portal covering all functions of BIS, enlisting the services of outside agencies for factory and market surveillance.
- BIS is a statutory body established under the BIS Act 1986, it replaced the Indian Standards Institution (ISI).
Verifying, please be patient.