- Posted By
25th Jul, 2020
- Non-Brus of Tripura have proposed six places for settling the displaced Brus from Mizoram.
- These places are- Bandarima-Pushporampara, Sakhan Hills, Chaigarhpur, Subalbari, Kalarambari-Bandarima in Kanchanpur subdivision, Kukinala in Panisagar subdivision.
- The Brus, also referred to as the Reangs, are spread across the north-eastern states of Tripura, Assam, Manipur, and Mizoram.
- They are spread across Tripura, Mizoram, and parts of southern Assam, are said to be the most populous tribe in Tripura.
- In Tripura, they are recognised as a Particularly Vulnerable Tribal Group.
- They are essentially ethnically different from the Mizos and have their own distinct language and dialect and thus form one of the 21 scheduled tribes of Tripura.
Verifying, please be patient.