Chabahar-Zahedan Railway Line
- Posted By
16th Jul, 2020
- In 2016 India and Iran signed an agreement to construct a 628 km rail line from Chabahar port to Zahedan, along the border (Zaranj) with Afghanistan.
- It is a part trilateral agreement between India, Iran and Afghanistan to build an alternate trade route to Afghanistan and Central Asia.
- The entire project would be completed by March 2022, and that Iranian Railways will proceed without India’s assistance.
- Iran will be using approximately $400 million from the Iranian National Development Fund.
- The development comes as China finalizes a massive 25-year, $400 billion strategic partnership deal with Iran.