Climate change driving butterflies, moths higher up Himalayas: Study
- Posted By
13th Oct, 2020
- According to a new study, climate change is driving butterflies, moths higher up Himalayas
- The study was funded by the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change and carried out by the Zoological Survey of India (ZSI).
- Rising mean temperature.
- Receding ice caps and glaciers leading to a scarcity of water in the Himalayas.
- Increasing human habitation.
- The findings of the study will be used as a baseline indicator to track the impact of climate change on animal species over the coming decade.