Dhanwantari Rath to bring Ayurveda at doorsteps
- Posted By
Science & Technology
20th Aug, 2020
- A MoU was signed between the All India Institute of Ayurveda and the Delhi Police recently for extending Ayurveda mode of preventive and promotive health services.
- These services are to be provided through a mobile unit named Dhanwantari Rath and Police Wellness Centres catered by AIIA and supported by the Ministry of AYUSH.
- Dhanwantari Rath – is a Mobile unit of Ayurveda health care services.
- It would consist a team of Doctors who would be visiting Delhi Police colonies regularly.
- AYURAKSHA is a joint venture of AIIA and Delhi Police aims for maintaining the health of frontline COVID warriors like Delhi police.
- The joint programme ‘Corona Se Jung- Delhi Police Ke Sang’ aims to fight against corona through simple and time tested Ayurveda immunity boosting measures.
- Under the programme, AYURAKSHA kits have been distributed to nearly 80,000 police personnel for over a period of two months.
- In continuation of the project, Ayurveda Preventive and Promotive health care are now planned to be extended to the families of Delhi Police personnel