Govt launches NIPUN scheme to train over 1 lakh construction workers
- Posted By
Polity & Governance
23rd Jun, 2022
The government launched a project named National Initiative for Promoting Upskilling of Nirman workers (NIPUN) for skill training of 100,000 construction workers.
- The NIPUN project is launched under the flagship scheme of the Deendayal Antyodaya-Yojana National Urban Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NULM) to train construction workers through fresh skilling and upskilling programs which will provide them with work opportunities in foreign countries also.
- Project NIPUN will facilitate and support convergence with related ministries.
- It will provide trainees with ‘Kaushal Bhima’, three-year accidental insurance with coverage of Rs 2 lakhs, digital skills such as cashless transactions and the BHIM app, orientation about entrepreneurship, and EPF and BOCW facilities.
- The National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC), the nodal agency under the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE), Government of India will implement the NIPUN project.
- NSDC will be responsible for the overall execution of training, monitoring and candidate tracking.
- The NIPUN project implementation is divided into three parts,
- training through Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) at construction sites
- training through Fresh skilling by Plumbing and Infrastructure SSC
- International Placement through industries, builders, and contractors.