Important highlights of the day(11aug)
- Posted By
11th Aug, 2020
- Chhattisgarh’s Jagdalpur became the First Municipal Corporation of India to Provide Forest Land Right Certificates to Urban People.
- The 9th August of every year is observed as Nagasaki day all over the world to promote peace and to create awareness about the hazards of nuclear weapons.
- World Biofuel Day is observed annually on August 10 to raise awareness about the importance of non-fossil fuels as an alternative to conventional fossil fuels.
- IIT Kanpur in Collaboration with Agnys Waste Management Pvt. Ltd Developed Indigenous Seed Balls, ‘BEEG’ for Farmers.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi recently launched “Gandagi Mukt Bharat”, a week-long campaign for ‘swachhata’ in the run-up to Independence Day.
- In a first of its kind in the country, the Delhi State Legal Services Authority (DSLSA) recently organized the e-lok Adalat to facilitate mediation between the parties.
- PM Narendra Modi Launched Submarine Cable Connectivity to Andaman & Nicobar Islands (CANI).
- The India-Canada IC-IMPACTS Annual Research Conference was held on August 6-7, 2020 in order to discuss the ways for taking cooperation between the two countries to a new level.
- The Union Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change has launched National Portal on Human-Elephant conflict situation so that it can resolve the dispute of human and the elephant.