Important highlights of the day
- Posted By
15th Aug, 2020
- World Organ Donation Day is observed annually on August 13 to motivate people to donate organs after death and to spread awareness about the importance of organ donation.
- Chief Minister of Punjab launched the “Punjab Smart Connection Scheme” worth Rs. 92 crores to provide free smartphones to the students of class 12 and he also handed over the smartphones to 6 students.
- The West Bengal government launched the ‘Karma Sathi Prakalpa’ scheme under which 1 lakh unemployed youth will be provided soft loans and subsidies so as to make them self-reliant.
- The West Bengal (WB) Government (govt) launched ‘Matir Smristi’ scheme to utilise 50,000 acres of barren land in 6 districts for income-generating activities like horticulture and pisciculture involving the locals.
- Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh launched “YSR Cheyutha” a scheme to ensure the sustainable livelihood of women by providing a financial assistance of Rs.18750 per year for 4 years.
- The Government of Telangana has launched Artificial Intelligence (AI) for Agricultural Innovation Programme (AI4AI) in collaboration with Centre for the Fourth Industrial Revolution (C4IR) & World Economic Forum (WEF) – India.
- Patriots’ Day is observed annually on August 13 in Manipur.