Important highlights of the day
- Posted By
18th Aug, 2020
- European Union has launched project ’Nirmanshree’ for enhancing the women skill towards housing construction sector.
- National Stock Exchange of India (NSE) Investor Protection Fund Trust (NSE IPFT) and Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIMB) have jointly developed and launched Platform for Investor Education (PIE), an online investor education resource centre.
- Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bengaluru, Karnataka and Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) developed a sustainable process for making brick-like structures named “Space Bricks” on the surface of the moon.
- The process uses the lunar soil, bacteria and guar beans to make the space brick.
- The process uses the Urea – sourced from human urine and lunar soil as the raw materials for the construction on the lunar surface which reduces the overall expenditure.
- National Institution for Transforming India (NITI Aayog)’s Atal Innovation Mission(AIM) in collaboration with National Association of Software and Service Companies (NASSCOM) has launched Atal Tinkering Lab(ATL) Artificial Intelligence(AI) Step-up module (ATL AI Step Up Module) through ‘ATL AI Modules’ for school students to empower youngest minds and drive innovations in the country to the next level.
- Odisha has retained top position in the implementation of Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT) scheme.