India test-fires long range Pinaka rocket system
- Posted By
5th Nov, 2020
- India successfully flight-tested the enhanced version of Pinaka multi-barrel rocket system (MRLS).
- The system is Indigenously developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).
- The enhanced Pinaka along with guidance Pinaka will cover the range between 60 to 90 kilometres and will be deployed by the Indian Army.
- This new rocket system has a longer range with reduced length compared to the earlier variant (Mk-1).
- The design and development has been carried out by Pune-based laboratories of DRDO, Armament Research & Development Establishment (ARDE) and High Energy Materials Research Laboratory (HEMRL).
- This system will be deployed to counter China.