Indian Navy to Host Exercise SIMBEX-20 in Andaman Sea
- Posted By
24th Nov, 2020
Key points about SIMBEX-20
- Indian Navy is scheduled to host the 27thedition of India.
- It is a Bilateral Maritime Exercise SIMBEX-20 between India and Singapore, in Andaman Sea.
- The exercise is being conducted as a ‘non-contact, at sea only’exercise in view of COVID-19 pandemic.
Which Naval ships will participate?
- The Indian Navy ships including destroyer Ranawith integral Chetak helicopter and indigenously built corvettes Kamorta and
- In addition, INsubmarine Sindhuraj and P8I maritime reconnaissance aircraft will also participate in the exercise.
- RSN will be represented by the ‘Formidable’ Class frigates ‘Intrepid’and ‘Steadfast’ with integral S70B helicopter and ‘Endurance’ Class Landing Ship Tank ‘Endeavour’ in the exercise.
Information about SIMBEX
- The SIMBEX series of exercises between INand Republic of Singapore Navy (RSN).
- It is being conducted annually since 1994.
What is the aim of the exercise?
- It is aimed at enhancing mutual inter-operability and imbibing best practices from each other.