India’s first full-fledged global cruise terminal in Kochi
- Posted By
15th Feb, 2021
- The country's first full-fledged international cruise terminal, Sagarika at Cochin Port is inaugurated.
Sagarika cruise terminal
- The Facility has been inaugurated at Ernakulam wharf in Willingdon Island.
- Major Port:The Cochin Port Trust has catered to the requirements of major cruise operators in the industry and port sources.
- It will cater to one lakh international cruise guests annually.
- The construction cost of 25.72 Crore.
- Facilities at port: A dedicated terminal will provide all statutory clearances, including Customs and Immigration, for cruise passengers.
- Passenger friendly amenities:Other amenities included walk-in-berthing, assured quality bunkers, and freshwater services.
- Speeding up clearance process:It will bring under one roof personnel of Customs, Bureau of Immigration, and CISF.
- Promotion of local culture:Its commissioning will see the revamping of the wharf, an area to stage traditional art forms, and the availability of ATMsand food kiosks on the premises.
- Boost in tourism and revenue generation: It will help in tourism promotion and revenue generation for the economy.
- Employment opportunities: Cruise terminal operation will generate direct and indirect employment.