MoU for Promotion and Facilitation of Marine Resources in the field of Polar biology
- Posted By
16th Jul, 2021
Department of Biotechnology and Ministry of Earth Sciences has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to set up DBT MOES Polar Research Centre.
About the MoU for polar biology cooperation
- The MoU envisages mutual collaboration to explore the possibility of cooperation, convergence and synergy to bring out expertise and services of both the organizations under one roof and work hand-in-hand for addressing relevant questions in the field of polar biology.
- Particularly, biotechnological applications of polar microbes could be the centre point of this collaboration.
- The MoU will be implemented to collaborate within mutually agreed-upon thrust areas of research in the area of POLAR sciences.
- To strengthen this association and expedite the research in the polar region joint laboratories will be set up at MOES stations.
- This will allow researchers to carry out the experiments on the site without the need for transporting the samples in the parent laboratories in India and will generate valuable information and novel products from these unique environments.
- This flagship synergistic approach would be takenup in mission mode through networking with the elite institutions in the country.
The POLAR region encompasses the Antarctic, Arctic, Southern Ocean and the Himalayas.