Next Generation Incubation Services
- Posted By
Science & Technology
1st Sep, 2020
- Next Generation Incubation Services (NGIS) initiative has been brought by the Software Technology Parks of India (STPI).
- The aim is to develop and build an ecosystem for start-ups in tier-2 locations in partnership with the Ministry of Electronics and IT.
- NGIS program is created and aligned with the vision of National Policy on Software Products (NPSP 2019) and it will create a robust ecosystem for software product development in the country.
- It will be implemented in 12 STPI centres across the country over a period of 3 years.
- The local start-up ecosystem will be nurtured and supported.
- As part of NGIS, quarterly challenge programmes will be conducted in association with industry partners and central government departments that can provide mentorship as well as funding support.
- MeitY has approved Rs 60 crore to be spent in three years for the 12 locations to nurture about 300 start-ups and all the state governments too have been extending matching grants.
- STPI also announced the launch of ‘CHUNAUTI’ - Challenge Hunt under NGIS for Advanced Uninhibited Technology Intervention.