Important highlights of the day
- Posted By
10th Oct, 2020
- Yuddh Pradushan Ke Virudh Launched by Delhi Government.
- It is an anti-pollution campaign.
- Seeks to reduce air pollution levels in Delhi during winter.
- The campaign will include release of a Green Delhi app, creation of a war room to monitor progress, processing liquid solution for farms in order to curb stubble burning, and hotspot-specific action plans.
- The United Nations designated the first Monday of October of every year as World Habitat Day to reflect on the state of our towns and cities, and on the basic right of all to adequate shelter.
- The Day is also intended to remind the world that we all have the power and the responsibility to shape the future of our cities and towns.
- World Habitat Day was established in 1985 by the United Nations General Assembly through Resolution 40/202, and was first celebrated in 1986.
- 2020 Theme: Housing for All — A Better Urban Future.
- Bharat Biotech has entered into a licensing agreement with Kansas-based ViroVax for use of adjuvant Alhydroxiquim-II in its COVID-19 vaccine Covaxin.
- An adjuvant is a pharmacological or immunological agent that improves the immune response of a vaccine. Adjuvants may be added to a vaccine to boost the immune response to produce more antibodies and longer-lasting immunity, thus minimizing the dose of antigen needed.
- The Habitat Scroll of Honour award
- Launched by: United Nations Human Settlements Programme in 1989.
- It is currently the most prestigious human settlements award in the world.
- Aim: To acknowledge initiatives which have made outstanding contributions in various fields such as shelter provision, highlighting the plight of the homeless and improving the human settlements and the quality of urban life.
- The award is presented to the winners during the Global Observance of World Habitat Day.