World Day against Trafficking in Persons
- Posted By
1st Aug, 2020
- The 2020 World Day against Trafficking in Persons is being celebrated on July 30.
- This year’s theme focuses on first responders to human trafficking.
- It was designated by UN in 2013.
- First Responders are the people who work in different sectors – identifying, supporting, counselling and seeking justice for victims of trafficking, and challenging the impunity of the traffickers.
- Blue Heart Campaign of UN has been initiated to raise global awareness to fight human trafficking and its impact on society.
- It aims to encourage the involvement of the governments, civil society, the corporate sector and individuals to inspire action and help prevent this heinous crime.
- It allows people to show their solidarity with the victims of human trafficking and increasing their visibility by wearing the Blue Heart.