About 10 pointer
10 Pointer has been conceived with the aim of creating an easy and interactive way of cracking the various competitive exams. This platform is based on strong analytics to encourage competency-based learning.
Competency – based learning
Competency-based learning focuses on the learner as an individual. It provides opportunities for each individual to develop skills at their own pace, collaborate with others, collect evidence of learning, and become successful lifelong learners.
- Greater understanding of learning outcomes
- Courses, learning resources, and assessments aligned to well-defined goals
- Motivated and engaged students
- Increased completion rates
- Learners’ improved ability to recognize, manage, and continuously build upon their own competencies and evidence of learning
- Outcomes-based frameworks for continuous improvement
- Understand the competencies they need to master to achieve their goals
- Progress through learning processes without time constraints
- Explore diverse learning opportunities
- Collaborate in learning activities with communities of peers and mentors
- Reflect on their own learning achievements
- Develop robust sets of learning outcomes and competencies
- Reorient curricular design to start with learning outcomes rather than starting with time structures
- Foster authentic assessment that includes demonstrated mastery of competencies
- Effectively identify risk in students’ progress toward learning achievements and provide appropriate interventions
- Achieve short-term and long-term performance improvements focused on outcomes rather than inputs
Key Characteristics: Differentiated
Differentiation refers to competency-based learning practices that recognize and adjust to meet the needs of individual learners. Differentiation is multi-faceted and applies to learner support, communications and interventions, as well as learning processes.
- Prescriptive/Diagnostic: providing different learning materials or assessments to learners based on what they’ve already mastered.
- Adaptive: content that is designed with learning alternatives and branching closely tied to the learner’s specific interactions with the content.
- Choice: learners select from among different learning resources and pathways based on their own choices and preferences.
- Personalized messages & notifications: relevant, timely communications tailored to learners’ individual activities and needs.
- Appropriate interventions: feedback, guidance, activities, or tasks designed to help individuals progress along their learning paths