Getting the list of books and study materials is one of the first things for any aspirants. There are unlimited numbers of books available in the market, where each book promises success in UPPSC exam. So, never buy all of the books they can get their hands on. Besides, being a waste of money, this can also make them irritate for not being able to read all of them. So choose the correct study materials and avoid such scenario.
How to choose the correct books?
Clearing UPPSC exam require perfect planning and meticulous study for almost a year. Since, time is a precious resource. Books have to be chosen smartly.
- While it is common knowledge that books from NCERT are important, newspapers and other books for various subjects are also important. Always get the update version of the study material as areas like current affairs.
- When one makes a careful observation for the past several years, that UPPSC has merged current affairs with conventional subjects while creating questions. So, it is vital that students must read the latest books and magazine issues. For current affairs, it is advised that students can depend on online sources since they are more updated on a daily basis.
List of Important books for the Exam
- History- Old NCERT-R.S Sharma/SK Pandey
- Medieval- S.C Chandra/ S.K Pandey
- Spectrum for Modern
- Previous year papers to be solved
- Laxmikant for Polity
- Geography-6-12 NCERT/Mahesh Barnwal/Periyar
- Economy- NCERT-9/10/11 and 12th macroeconomics
- Current affair based- mineral/agriculture/Urbanisation/Census data. Person in news, awards, Sports and other trivia questions.
- Science- 6-12th selective chapters (NCERT), Lucent
- Environment- current portion, static- 6 chapters from 12th NCERT, BIOLOGY.
- National Parks, Forest report, Biosphere reserves, tiger reserves, elephant reserves.
- UPPCS Specific- not much questions asked. Census of UP and India is important.
- Mineral, agriculture and urbanisation data of UP.
- Current affair- of one year properly (Ghatnachakra, Drishti).
- Test Series for Prelims and Mains.