The UPPSC Prelims Syllabus for Paper 1 and Paper 2 is given below.
- Current events of National & International importance
- Indian History and National Movement
- Indian and World Geography – Socio-economic, Physical geography
- Indian Governance and Polity – Political System, Constitution, Public Policy, Panchayati Raj, Rights issues, etc.
- Social and Economic Development – Demographics, Sustainable Development, Poverty Inclusion, Social Sector initiatives, etc.
- Environmental Ecology, Climate Change, and Biodiversity – general issues that do not require subject specialization
- General Science
There will be questions on the above topics with special reference to Uttar Pradesh. The official syllabus will be given in the http://uppsc.up.nic.in/. Given below is the syllabus from the 2018 notification.
The detailed UPPSC syllabus for PCS Prelims Paper 1 is:
- Current events of national and international importance:- On Current Events of National and International importance, candidates will be expected to have knowledge about them.
- History of India and Indian National Movement:- In History emphasis should be on broad understanding social, economic and political aspects of Indian history. In the Indian National Movement, the candidates are expected to have a synoptic view of nature and character of the freedom movement, growth of nationalism and attainment of Independence.
- Indian and World Geography:- Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World:- In World Geography only general understanding of the subject will be expected. Questions on the Geography of India will relate to Physical, Social & Economic Geography of India.
- Indian Polity and Governance:- Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc:- In Indian Polity, Economic and Culture, questions will test knowledge of country’s political system including Panchayati Raj and Community Development, broad features of Economic policy in India and Indian Culture.
- Economic and Social Development:- Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc:- The candidates will be tested with respect to problems and the relationship between Population, Environment, and Urbanization. General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization. General awareness of the subject is expected from candidates.
- General Science:- Questions on General Science will cover general appreciation and understanding of Science including matters of everyday observation and experience, as may be expected of a well-educated person, who has not made a special study of any scientific discipline. Note:- Candidate are expected to have general awareness about the above subjects with special reference to Uttar Pradesh.
- Interpersonal skills (including communication skills)
- Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning
- Problem Solving & Decision Making
- General Mental Ability
- Elementary Mathematics (class X level – Algebra, Statistics, Geometry and Arithmetic)
- General English (class X level)
- General Hindi (class X level)
The detailed UPPSC syllabus for Maths, English and Hindi sections of PCS Exam Prelims Paper 2 is:
ELEMENTARY MATHEMATICS (UPTO CLASS X LEVEL)
(i) Number systems: Natural Numbers, Integers, Rational and irrational numbers, Real numbers, Divisors of an Integer, prime integers, L.C.M. and H.C.F. of integers and their interrelationship.
(iii) Ratio and proportion
(v) Profit and Loss
(vi) Simple and Compound interests
(vii) Work and Time.
(viii) Speed, Time and Distance
(i) Factors of polynomials, L.C.M. and H.C.F. of polynomials and their interrelationship, Remainder theorem, simultaneous linear equations, quadratic equations.
(ii) Set Theory: Set null set, subsets and proper subsets of set, operations (Union, Intersections, difference, symmetric difference) between sets, Venn diagram.
(i) Constructions and theorems regarding triangle, rectangle, square, trapezium and circles, their perimeter and area.
(ii) Volume and surface area of sphere, right circular cylinder, right circular Cone and Cube.
(4) Statistics:- Collection of data, Classification of data, frequency, frequency distribution, tabulation, cumulative frequency. Representation of data – Bar diagram, Pie chart, histogram, frequency polygon, cumulative frequency curves (ogives), Measures of Central tendency: Arithmetic mean, Median and Mode.
GENERAL ENGLISH (UPTO CLASS X LEVEL)
(2) Active Voice and Passive Voice.
(3) Parts of Speech.
(4) Transformation of Sentences.
(5) Direct and Indirect Speech.
(6) Punctuation and Spellings.
(7) Words Meanings.
(8) Vocabulary & usage.
(9) Idioms and Phrases.
(10) Fill in the Blanks.
सामान्यहिंदी (हाईस्कूलस्तरतक) केपाठ्यक्रममेंसम्मिलितकिएजानेवालेविषय
(1) हिंदीवर्णमाला, विरामचिन्ह
(2) शब्दरचना, वाक्यरचना, अर्थ,
(4) संधि, समास,
(10) तत्समएवंतद्भव, देशज, विदेशी (शब्दभंडार)
(14) उ.प्र. कीमुख्यबोलियाँ