Action Agenda for an AtmaNirbhar Bharat(AAAN) prepared by TIFAC
- Posted By
30th Dec, 2020
- The report Action Agenda for an AtmaNirbhar Bharat(AAAN) is released.
What is in the Action Agenda?
- It was prepared byTechnology Information, Forecasting and Assessment Council (TIFAC).
- The comprehensive report AAAN is a consequential follow-up of the TIFAC’s White Paper on Focused Interventions for ‘Make in India’: post COVID -19.
- The White Paper highlighted five thrust sectors namely, Healthcare, Machinery, ICT, Agriculture, Manufacturing, and Electronics that would be critical for India’s economic growth post-COVID using technology stimulus and captured sector-specific strengths, market trends and opportunities.
- This comprehensive action plan(AAAN)has been structured with reference to timeline, highlighting short/medium and long term interventions in various identified sectors.
- The document also specifically defines overarching policy recommendations with reference to technological inputs, focusing towards Local to Global thereby reviving Indian economy,in identified domains of Innovation and Technology development, Technology Adoption/Diffusion, Boosting up Manufacturing and Productivity, Trade and Globalization, Internet Policy and Data Management & Education and Training, AI among others.
Significance of the Report
- The ultimate outcome of the report has to be addition to quality of life and how our efforts can contribute to Atmanirbhar Bharat.
- The aim of the Action Report is to create a sense of Scientific Social Responsibility.
- It is to lay down imperatives for future of technology in India.
- It looks at the challenges, possibilities and how to find solutions.