'Anamaya', the tribal health collaboration launched
- Posted By
9th Apr, 2021
Union Health and Family Welfare Ministry along with Union Minister of Tribal Affairs launched the Tribal Health Collaborative ‘Anamaya’.
About the Tribal Health Collaborative ‘Anamaya’
- Nodal Ministry: It is a multi-stakeholder initiative which is launched by the Union Health Ministry in collaboration with the Union Minister of Tribal Affairs.
- Collaboration: The other collaborative includes the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMFG) and Piramal Foundation.
- Aim: It aims at enhancing the health and nutrition eco-system of the tribal communities of India.
- It seeks to converge the efforts of various Government agencies and organizations.
- Implementation: The National Council on Tribal Health along with the Tribal Health Cell will be set up to monitor healthcare needs in the tribal areas as well as implement the Tribal Health Action Plan.
Other similar initiatives
- Tribal Tuberculosis Initiative was launched by both the Ministries to fulfil the PM’s goal of ‘TB Mukt Bharat’ by 2025, five years ahead of the global deadline.