DRDO successfully flight-tests indigenously developed MPATGM for minimum range
- Posted By
Science & Technology
22nd Jul, 2021
In a major boost towards AatmaNirbhar Bharat and strengthening of the Indian Army, Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) successfully flight-tested Man-Portable Antitank Guided Missile (MPATGM).
About the Man-Portable Antitank Guided Missile (MPATGM)
- It is an indigenously developed low weight, fire and forget Man-Portable Anti-tank Guided Missile.
- It is a type of missile guidance that does not require further guidance after launches such as illumination of the target or wire guidance and can hit its target without the launcher being in line of sight of the target.
- The missile is incorporated with state-of-the-art Miniaturized Infrared Imaging Seeker along with advanced avionics.
- It is fitted with high-explosive anti-tank (HEAT) warhead.
- The missile has top attack capability.
- The MPATGMis manufactured by Bharat Dynamics Limited at a facility located in Bhanoor, Telangana.