The Minister of State for Education will be attending a consultation meeting of Education Ministers of E9 countries called the E9 Initiative.
About E9 Initiative :
- The aim of the initiative is to expedite recovery and promote the Sustainable Development Goal 4 agenda by pushing speedy change in education systems.
- It was formed to achieve the targets of UNESCO's Education For All (EFA) initiative.
- Launched by the United Nations, it's a collaboration of 9 countries namely India, Indonesia, Mexico, Brazil, China, Egypt, Bangladesh, Nigeria, and Pakistan.
- The theme of the forum: “E9 initiative: Scaling up digital learning to accelerate progress towards Sustainable Development Goal 4".
- This conference meeting will be the 1st of the 3 stage process to co-create a Digital Learning initiative. Children from marginalized backgrounds and youth, especially girls, would be the target population.
- The conversation will be on three of the 2020 Global Education Meeting priorities namely: (i) support to teachers; (ii) investment in skills and (iii) narrowing of the digital divide.
- The panel represents 70% of the world's illiterate men and women and more than half of the world's population.
- In the year 1993, UNESCO's Education For All (EFA) Summit launched this initiative in New Delhi, India.
- It has evolved into a forum where countries discuss their insights related to education and its future, swap best practices, and monitor EFA-related progress.