Eat Right Station Certification
- Posted By
Polity & Governance
7th Sep, 2021
Recently, Chandigarh Railway Station has been awarded a 5- star Eat Right Station certification. It is the fifth station in India to get this recognition.
- The 'Eat Right Station' certification is awarded by FSSAI to railway stations that set benchmarks in providing safe and wholesome food to passengers.
- The station is awarded a certificate upon a conclusion of an FSSAI-empanelled third-party audit agency with ratings from 1 to 5.
- The 5-star rating indicates exemplary efforts by stations to ensure safe and hygienic food is available to passengers.
- This certification is granted by FSSAI to railway stations adhering to standard food storage and hygiene practices.
- The other four stations are
- Anand Vihar Terminal Railway Station (Delhi),
- Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (Mumbai),
- Mumbai Central Railway Station (Mumbai)
- Vadodara Railway Station
- The certification is part of the 'Eat Right India' movement.
What is the Eat Right India movement?
The Eat Right India movement is an initiative of the Government of India and the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) to transform the country's food system in order to ensure safe, healthy and sustainable food for all Indians.