Addressing the inaugural conclave of 'Shikshak Parv', Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched a number of key initiatives in the education sector, including the Vidyanjali 2.0 portal.
About the new initiatives
- The Indian Sign Language Dictionary (audio and text embedded sign language video for the hearing impaired, in conformity with Universal Design of Learning)
- Talking Books (audio books for the visually impaired).
- School Quality Assurance and Assessment Framework of CBSE to provide global parameters of attainment as standards in schools affiliated to it.
- NISHTHA teachers' training programme for NIPUN Bharat
- Aim: These initiatives are aimed at ushering an “education revolution” in the country and placing India’s educational system on the “global map”.
- Government also launched Vidyanjali 2.0.
- It is a portal that will facilitate donations, contributions from Corporate Social Responsibility funds, and volunteering, all aimed at developing and improving schools.
- Vidyanjali 2.0 is like a platform for the country’s resolution of ‘Sabka Prayas’ with ‘Sabka Saath, Sabka Vikas, Sabka Vishwas’.
- The ‘shikshak parv’ is being observed between September 5 and September 17 to recognise the contributions of teachers.
- It aims to encourage innovative practices to ensure not only spread of education at all levels but also to improve quality, institutionalise inclusive practices and enhance sustainability in the schools.
- Theme: The theme of "Shikshak Parv-2021" is Quality and Sustainable Schools: Learnings from Schools in India".