India and Afghanistan at Heart of Asia conference
- Posted By
1st Apr, 2021
India’s External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar participated in the 9th Ministerial Conference of Heart of Asia Istanbul Proces and emphasised that a double peace is required in Afghanistan forpeace and progress in the region.
About the Heart of Asia Istanbul Process (HoA-IP)
- The Heart of Asia-Istanbul Process is a regional initiative of Afghanistan and the Republic of Turkey.
- It was launched on 2 November 2011 in Istanbul.
- Motto: It was started with the motto “?STANBUL PROCESS ON REGIONAL SECURITY AND COOPERATION FOR A SECURE AND STABLE AFGHANISTAN”.
- Aim: It aims to promote regional security, political and economic cooperation which is centered on Afghanistan The Process has three main pillars
- Political Consultation
- Confidence Building Measures
- Cooperation with Regional Organization
Double Peace: Peace within Afghanistan and peace around Afghanistan
Afghanistan and India cooperation projects
- The development partnership of USD 3 billion for Afghanistan which includes more than 550Community Development Projects and Drinking water projects
- Dedicated Air Freight Corridor between the cities of India and Afghanistan
- India-Afghanistan Trade & Investment Show, titled ‘Passage to Prosperity’
- Operationalization of Chahbahar Port of Iran
- Construction of Lalandar Shatood Dam