The government launched the City Innovation Exchange (CiX) to foster innovative practices in cities.
City Innovation Exchange (CiX)
- The City Innovation Exchange (CiX) is a platform to bring together Citizen Organisations-Academia- Businesses- Government.
- CiX will connect cities to innovators across the national ecosystem to design innovative solutions for their pressing challenges.
- Built on the concept of ‘open innovation’, the platform will help in the flow of ideas ‘outside in and inside out’, enhancing the skills and capacity required to deliver smart urban governance.
- The Platform has more than 400 start-ups, 100 smart cities, more than 150 challenges statements and over 215 solutions at the time of launch.
Benefits of CiX
- Converting ideas to real environment: The platform will benefit cities in the transfer of ideas from ‘labs’ to real environment.
- Easy adoption of tested solution: Furthermore, it will ensure adoption of tested solutions that will be impactful and sustainable.
- Improvement in ease of doing business: The platform will help cities in adopting solutions that will enhance the quality of life for its residents and significantly improve the Ease of Doing Business.
To sum up, the platform will ease the discovery, design& validation of solutions through a robust, transparent and user centric process that will reduce barriers for innovators and cities to discover fitting solutions.