A multi-disciplinary Technical Committee has recommended five technologies specifically three technologies for drinking water and two technologies for sanitation.
TheFive technologies that have been recommended are:
- GrundfosAQpure, a solar energy based water treatment plant based on ultra filtration.
- Janajal Water on Wheel, an IoT based electric vehicle based on GPS location to enable delivery of safe water to the doorstep of households.
- Presto Online Chlorinator, a non-electricity dependent online chlorinator for disinfection of water for removal of bacterial contamination.
- Johkasou technology – an inbuilt packaged black (sewage) and grey water (Kitchen and bath water) treatment system having advanced anaerobic-aerobic configuration that can be installed underground.
- FBTec®, a site assembled decentralised sewage treatment system using fixed filter media.
- JalJeevanMission, is envisioned to provide safe and adequate drinking water through individual household tap connections by 2024 to all households in rural India.
- It was started under the Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation, Ministry of Jal Shakti.
- To provide FHTC to every rural household.
- To prioritize provision of FHTCs in qualityaffected areas, villages in drought prone and desert areas, SansadAdarsh Gram Yojana (SAGY) villages, etc.
- To provide functional tap connection to Schools, Anganwadicentres, GP buildings, Health centres, wellness centres and community building.
- To monitor functionality of tap connections.
- To promote and ensure voluntary ownership among local community by way of contribution in cash, kind and/ or labour and voluntary labour (shramdaan).
- To assist in ensuring sustainability of water supply system, i.e. water source, water supply infrastructure, and funds for regular O&M.
- To empower and develop human resource in the sector such that the demands of construction, plumbing, electrical, water quality management, water treatment, catchment protection, O&M, etc. are taken care of in short and long term.
- To bring awareness on various aspects and significance of safe drinking water and involvement of stakeholders in manner that make water everyone's business.