The Geo-imaging satellite“EOS-03”is scheduled to be launch in third quarter of 2021.
About the Geo-imaging satellite“EOS-03”
- It would enable near-real time monitoring of natural disasters like floods & cyclones.
- It will help in monitoring of water bodies, crops, vegetation condition, forest cover changes etc.
- It will be launched through the SSLV.
- SSLV is cost-effective, three stage, all-solid launch vehicle with a payload capability of 500 kg to 500 km planar orbit or 300 kg to Sun Synchronous Polar Orbit.
- SSLV is ideal for on-demand, quick turn-around launch of small satellites.
Geo Imaging Satellite or GISAT
- It is an Indian imaging satellite class for geostationary orbit with high temporal resolution, meant to provide near real time imaging with a fast revisit capability and real time monitoring.
- Two identical satellites will provide the resolution in the range of 42 to 318 m.
- It will carry the imaging instruments:
- multi-spectral (Visible and Near-InfraRed, and Short Wave-InfraRed)
- multi-resolution (42 to 318 m)