Mega Investment Textiles Parks (MITRA) scheme
- Posted By
2nd Feb, 2021
- The Government has proposed a scheme of Mega Investment Textiles Parks (MITRA).
What are the objectives?
- To enable the textile industry to become globally competitive
- Attract large investments
- Boost employment generation and exports
- This will create world class infrastructure with plug and play facilities to enable create global champions in exports.
- MITRA will be launched in addition to the Production Linked Incentive Scheme(PLI).
- MITRA) will be significant for the Indian Textiles Industry.
- Along with the Production Linked Incentive (PLI) scheme, MITRA will lead to increased investments and enhanced employment opportunities.
- Emphasis on state-of-the-art infrastructure through MITRA will give our domestic manufacturers a level-playing field in the international textiles market.
- It will pave the way for India to become a global champion of textiles exports across all segments.