NanoSniffer, a Microsensor based Explosive Trace Detector
- Posted By
Science & Technology
10th Apr, 2021
Union Education Ministry launched NanoSniffer, a Microsensor based Explosive Trace Detector (ETD) which is developed by NanoSniff Technologies, an IIT Bombay incubated startup.
About the Nanosniffer
- Microsensor technology: Nanosniffer is the world’s first Explosive Trace Detector by using microsensor technology.
- Indigenous: NanoSniffer is a 100% Made in India product in every terms starting from research and development to its manufacturing.
- Detected material: It detects all classes of military, conventional and homemade explosives.
- Functioning: NanoSniffer gives visible & audible alerts with sunlight-readable color display.
- Minute detection: NanoSniffer provides trace detection of a nano-gram quantity of explosives & delivers result in seconds.
- Reduce import dependency: The newly developed device would help in reducing our dependency on imported explosive trace detector devices.
- Rapid detection: This Home-grown Explosive trace detector device (ETD), NanoSniffer can detect explosives in less than 10 seconds.
- Patent: The core technology of NanoSniffer is patented in the U.S. & Europe.
- Research promotion: It will also encourage indigenous institutions, startups and medium-scale industries to research & develop products.
- It’s a perfect example of lab to market product.