National e-Governance Service Delivery Assessment 2021 (NeSDA 2021)
- Posted By
Polity & Governance
20th Jun, 2022
The Union Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions recently released the second edition of the National e-Governance Service Delivery Assessment 2021 (NeSDA 2021).
- The NeSDA 2021 report has been prepared covering the assessment of States, Union Territories with a focus on Central Ministries on their effectiveness in delivering online services to citizens.
- NeSDA 2021 covers services across seven sectors-
- Finance, Labour and Employment, Education, Local Governance and Utility Services, Social Welfare, Environment and Tourism sectors.
- The Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG) had constituted the NeSDA in 2019 as part of its mandate to boost the e-government endeavours and drive digital government excellence.
- Top Rankers: Overall, in NeSDA 2021, Kerala had the highest overall compliance score amongst all the States and UTs.
- Among UTs: Jammu and Kashmir, assessed for the first time in NeSDA 2021, scored highest among all UTs for six sectors.
- Among North-east and Hill States: Meghalaya and Nagaland are the leading state portals with an overall compliance of 90% across all assessment parameters.
- Among Remaining State Category: Kerala, Odisha, Tamil Nadu, Punjab, Karnataka and Uttar Pradesh had a compliance of more than 85% among the remaining state category.
- Highest Improvements:
- Among North-East and Hill States: the highest-ranking states of Meghalaya and Tripura showed improvement across all sectors compared to NeSDA 2019.
- Among Remaining State Category: the overall score of Tamil Nadu increased the most in 2021 compared to 2019. Andhra Pradesh, Kerala, Punjab, Goa, and Odisha also improved the compliance of their services portals by 100%.