Recently, the Union Education & Skill Development Minister launched NEAT (National Educational Alliance for Technology) 3.0, a single platform to provide the best-developed ed-tech solutions and courses to Indian students.
- National Educational Alliance for Technology (NEAT) is an initiative to provide the use of best-developed technological solutions in the education sector to enhance the employability of the youth on a single platform for learners' convenience.
- These solutions use Artificial Intelligence for a personalized and customized learning experience for better learning outcomes and skill development in the niche areas.
- AICTE, MoE is acting as the facilitator in the process while ensuring that the solutions are freely available to a large number of socially and economically backward students.
- NEAT has 58 Education Technology Companies with 100 products that help to develop employable skills, capacity building, and bridge learning gaps.
Significance of the Initiative
- NEAT will be a game-changer in bridging the digital divide, especially among the economically disadvantaged students and also in fulfilling the knowledge-based requirement of India and the world.
- 58 global and Indian start-up ed-tech companies are on-board NEAT and are offering 100 courses & e-resources for bettering learning outcomes, developing employable skills and overcoming learning loss.
- More than 12 lakh socially and economically disadvantaged students have received free ed-tech course coupons worth over 253.72 crore under NEAT 3.0.