- Posted By
14th Jul, 2020
- It is the world’s costliest fungus.
- Also known as Himalayan Viagra.
- It has entered the International Union for Conservation of Nature’s (IUCN) Red List of Threatened Species.
- IUCN has placed the fungus, known for its aphrodisiac and rejuvenation properties, in the ‘vulnerable’ category.
- The fungus, also known as keeda jadi in Uttarakhand because of its caterpillar-like appearance, is endemic to the Himalayan and Tibetan plateau and is found in China, Bhutan, Nepal and India.
- In India, it is primarily found in Uttarakhand in the higher reaches of districts like Pithoragarhand Chamoli.
Verifying, please be patient.