- Posted By
21st Aug, 2020
- 416th Anniversary of the first Parkash Purab of the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji was celebrated.
- The Guru Granth Sahib is the holy scripture of Sikhism and considered as the living Guru.
- The Guru Granth Sahib is a collation of many hymns, poems, shabads and other writings from many different scholars, including the Sikh Gurus and Hindu and Muslim writers.
- The tenth Sikh Guru Gobind Singh declared Guru Granth Sahib as the final Sikh Guru after him.
- It contains the words spoken by the Gurus or Gurbani (from the Guru’s mouth).
- It is believed to be the word of God and is therefore infallible.
- It is written in Gurumukhi script.
- Many of Guru Nanak Dev’s hymns and prayers were preserved and complied by Guru Angad Dev and Guru Arjan Dev.
- The first shabad of the Guru Granth Sahib is the Mool Mantra which outlines ‘Ik Onkar’ or the belief in one God.
Verifying, please be patient.