PM addresses WEF’s Davos Dialogue
- Posted By
29th Jan, 2021
The Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the World Economic Forum’s Davos Dialogue via video conferencing.
Key-takeaways from the address
- PM Modi spoke on the ‘Fourth Industrial Revolution’. India has made rapid strides in four pillars of Industry 4.0 (or Fourth Industrial Revolution-using technology):
- Artificial intelligence
- real-time data
- He lauded India's efforts to fight the viral coronavirus disease outbreak and said that the country never gave up and kept moving ahead with pro-active approach and public participation.
- More than 400 top industry leaders from across the globe are attending the session.
- Top global leaders included Chinese President Xi Jinping, German Chancellor Angela Merkel, Russian President Vladimir Putin, French President Emmanuel Macron and Israeli Premier Benjamin Netanyahu.
- The Davos Dialogues agenda marks the launch of the World Economic Forum’s Great Reset Initiative in the post COVID world.
- The Dialogue Series on New Economic and Social Frontiers provides a space to identify such cutting-edge, forward-looking policy and business responses and supports objective, transparent policy-making and widespread understanding of the issues.
- The Davos World Economic Forum brings together business leaders, investors, politicians and journalists from across the globe to discuss current global economic and social issues.
World Economic Forum
- The World Economic Forum (WEF), based in Cologny, Geneva Canton, Switzerland.
- It is an international NGO, founded on 24 January 1971.
- The WEF's mission is stated as "committed to improving the state of the world by engaging business, political, academic, and other leaders of society to shape global, regional, and industry agendas".
- The WEF hosts an annual meeting at the end of January in Davos, a mountain resort in Graubunden, in the eastern Alps region of Switzerland.
Important reports of WEF
- Global Competitiveness Report
- Global Information Technology Report
- Global Gender Gap Report
- Global Risks Report
- Global Travel and Tourism Report
- Global Enabling Trade Report