Uranium distribution in India
- Posted By
11th Dec, 2020
- Meghalaya constitutes expert agency to probe uranium waste tank leakage.
What are the properties of Uranium?
- Uranium is a silvery-gray metallic radioactive chemical element.
- It is only naturally formed in supernova explosions.
- Uranium has the chemical symbol U and atomic number 92.
- Uranium isotopes in natural uranium are 238U (99.27%)and 235U (0.72%).
- Traces of Uranium are found everywhere. Commercial extraction is possible only in locations where the proportion of Uranium is adequate.
How it is distributed in India?
Who are the major producers of the world?