Why Cyclone Burevi isn’t as strong as Cyclone Nivar
- Posted By
10th Dec, 2020
- The predictions have been made about the arrival and strength of Cyclone Nivar by IMD.
What is the key information about Burevi?
- It is named by the Maldives.
- This is the third cyclone formed within the last 10 days in the Arabian Sea and the Bay of Bengal.
- The Met department has forecasted the Bureviwind speed as 78 to 80 km/hour.
Will Cyclone Burevi be as strong as Cyclone Nivar?
- Unstable sea conditions, in the southwest region of the Bay of Bengal, continue due to the crossing of Nivar.
- This is why meteorologists said that there is a high possibility that Cyclone Burevi would not strengthen beyond the intensity of a cyclonic storm.
- Due to upwelling caused by Nivar, Cyclone Burevi will have limited.
- When consecutive systems develop in the same region of the ocean, the predecessor system leads to upwelling in which cooler waters from lower ocean surfaces are pushed towards upper ocean surfaces.
- In the absence of warm sea surface conditions, any cyclone will not get enough fuel to intensify further while at sea.