24th “Hunar Haat” in Lucknow (UP) with the theme of “Vocal for Local”
- Posted By
23rd Jan, 2021
The Ministry of Minority Affairs is organising the 24th “Hunar Haat” at Avadh Shilpgram, Lucknow (UP).
- Hunar Haat is an exhibition of handicrafts and traditional productsmade by artisans of the minority communities.
- These Haat aim to provide market exposure and employment opportunitiesto artisans, craftsmen.
- Ministry: Hunar Haats are organised by the Ministry of Minority Affairs.
- They are organised under USTTAD (Upgrading the Skills & Training in Traditional Arts/Crafts for Development)
- Theme: This year theme of the haat will be ‘Vocal for Local’.
Significance of Hunar Haats
- Encouragement to artisans: Hunar Haat has proved to be immensely beneficial and encouraging for artisans and craftsmen.
- Purchase of products available: It provides the purchase of indigenous handmade products of artisans on large scale.
- Employment generation: More than 5 lakh artisans, craftsmen and people associated with them have been provided employment and employment opportunities in the last about 5 years through “Hunar Haat”.
- Preservation of indigenous art: It also helps in keeping the art preserved.