BRICS Anti-Drug Working Group
- Posted By
18th Aug, 2020
- The 4th Session of the BRICS Anti-Drug Working Group was held recently.
- This year’s session held over video conference on August 12, 2020, was chaired by Russia.
- There were exchange of opinions concerning drug situation in BRICS states, international and regional trends of illegal trafficking in narcotic drugs, psychotropic substances and their precursors.
- Misuse of dark net and other advanced technologies for drug trafficking was one of the key focal areas of the meeting.
- BRICS stands for Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa.
- It is an association of five major emerging national economies established in 2009.
- It together represents about 42% of the world population, 23% of GDP, 30% of the territory and 18% of the global trade.
- All five BRICS nations are G-20 members.