- Posted By
2nd Dec, 2020
- Researchers say that the warm temperature zone is expanding further.
Is the tropical zone of Earth expanding?
- The planet Earth is divided into three climate zones: Tropical, temperate and frigid.
- The tropical zone extends around the equator from 23.5 degrees north to 23.5 degrees south.
- Now researchers say that this warm temperature zone is expanding further.
What are the consequences?
- This may be the reason behind severe droughts and bushfires in Australia and parts of the U.S.
What is causing this expansion?
- increasing greenhouse gases
- decreasing ozone may be the factors behind this expansion.
- warming oceans are the main reason.
- water currents
How the water currents are causing the shift?
- Large-scale ocean currents in both the northern and southern hemispheres are the key drivers.
- The currents in this region bring the water masses together particularly strongly, the subtropical ocean surface accumulates heat more easily here than in other marine regions.
Verifying, please be patient.