Climate Data Service Portal is launched by IMD
- Posted By
27th Mar, 2021
The India Meteorological Department (IMD) has launched a Climate Data Service Portal having data of over 100 years.
About the Climate Data Services Portal
- The portal was launched by the Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES) on the occasion of World Meteorological Day (WMO).
- The portal has been developed by the National Data Centre (NDC).
- The portal is a user-friendly platform for climate data management.
- It will complement the fully automated climate data management processes.
- It will help in data dissemination expeditiously.
- The portal will provide the real-time monitoring of weather observations of IMD
World Meteorological Day
- World Meteorological Day takes place on 23 March every year.
- It commemorates the Convention establishing the World Meteorological Organization, which came in force on 23 March 1950.
- It celebrates the contribution of National Meteorological and Hydrological Services for the safety and wellbeing of society.
- The yearly themes of World Meteorological Day show topical weather, climate, or water-related issues.
- This year, the theme of WMO day is ‘The Ocean, Our Climate and Weather’.