Pakistan successfully test-fired a nuclear-capable surface-to-surface ballistic missile, Shaheen 1-A, which was aimed at re-validating the design and technical parameters of the weapon system.
About Shaheen-1A missile
- It is a medium-range ballistic missile. It is a solid fuel-based missile.
- It is named after a species of Falcon which is found in the mountains of Pakistan.
- Range: The missile has a range of 900 kilometers
- Launching platform: Transporter erector launcher (TEL), spaceport
- Designer: National Defence Complex(NDC)
- Codename: The missile is given the name "Hatf–IV.
- Accurate missile system: It is equipped with a very sophisticated and advanced guidance system, which provides it a high level of accuracy.
- Operational range of the Shaheen group of missiles: Shaheen (750km) Shaheen I (900km); Shaheen IA (1000km)
Some other recent launches
- In February, Pakistan test-fired a nuclear-capable surface-to-surface ballistic missile, Ghaznavi having a range of 290 Kilometres.
- The first version of Ganznavi is in service with the Pakistan Army's strategic command since 2004.