Delhi govt to spray bio-decomposer in fields to prevent stubble burn.
- Posted By
11th Oct, 2020
- Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal has announced that the Delhi government will start spraying bio-decomposer solution prepared by Pusa Research Institute from October 11 to prevent stubble burning.
- Pusa Research Institute has developed capsules containing bio-decomposers.
- These capsules are mixed with a solution.
- When the solution is applied on fields, it dissolves the stem of stubble, converts it into compost, fertility of land increases and less fertiliser is used.
- Delhi government will provide the solution to farmers free of cost and spray it in farms. The solution will help in the disposal of stubble, without the involvement of stubble burning.
- Pusa Decomposer is a mix of seven fungi that produce enzymes to digest cellulose, lignin and pectin in paddy straw. The fungi thrive at 30-32 degree Celsius, which is the temperature prevailing when paddy is harvested and wheat is sown.
- The IARI has commercialized the technology. It has licensed six companies.