Delhi govt’s inducts two fire fighting robots into fleet
- Posted By
Science & Technology
26th May, 2022
Recently, the Delhi Government has undertaken a unique initiative of using robots for extinguishing fires in the city.
About the Robots
- The robots were bought from an Austrian company.
- This machine can be operated remotely from a distance of 300 metres.
- It will not be affected by fire, smoke, heat, or any other adverse condition.
- With the help of remote control, it can be sent inside the areas affected by the fire and has a tracking system like army tanks, through which these robots can easily climb stairs.
- It has a 140-horsepower engine.
- It is also equipped with a crawler belt above its tires, allowing it to move easily into congested places and gain access to hard-to-reach spots.
- A ventilation fan keeps the machine cool.
- The sensor and camera are installed in the front part of the robot.
- The sensor will go near the fire and release the water according to the temperature there.
- The fire-resistant robots equipped with modern technology can cover an area of about 100 metres at once and are capable of dousing the fire immediately.
- These robots will also be capable of releasing high water pressure at the rate of 2,400 litres per minute.
- This initiative will help reduce collateral damage and save precious lives.