Farfarout - the most distant celestial body in our solar system
- Posted By
Science & Technology
13th Feb, 2021
Farfarout is currently 132 astronomical units (au) away from the sun which translates to 132 times away from where Earth is in our solar system.
What is Farfarout?
- The Farfaroutis a faint planet and has been confirmed as the most distant object in our solar system.
- The planet was discovered two years ago in January 2018 with the help of the Subaru Telescope at Mauna Kea, Hawaii.
- It is more than three times away from dwarf planet Pluto which is 39au away from the Sun.
- Farfarout’s distance from the Sun fluctuates depending on its elongated orbit.
- The closest it can get to the Sun is 27au whereas the farthest it reaches is 175au.
- The celestial body located far away in our solar system received this designation from the International Astronomical Union (IAU).