As per the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, the website has seen a 30% increase in page views each month since April 2021 and received 55000 page views in June compared to 44136 page views in May 2021 and 30153 page views in April 2021.
About India Industrial Land Bank
- Department for promotion of Industry & Internal Trade has developed India Industrial Land Bank (IIS) portal.
- It is a GIS-enabled database of industrial areas/clusters across the country to adopt a committed approach towards resource optimization, industrial up gradation and sustainability.
- The portal serves as a one-stop solution to the free and easy accessibility of all industrial information including availability of raw material, agriculture, horticulture, minerals, natural resources; distance from key logistic nodes; layers of terrain and urban infrastructure.
- At present, the database covers more than 4300 parks/clusters mapped across an area of 5.58 lakh hectare of land.
- The initiative is being supported by Invest India, the national investment promotion & facilitation agency, National Center of Geo-Informatics (NCoG), National e-Governance Division (NeGD), Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology and Bhaskaracharya Institute for Space Applications and Geo-Informatics (BISAG).
India Industrial Land Bank (IIS) aims to provide:
- Information on available land for prospective investors looking at setting up units in the Country
- GIS Mapping of Industrial Clusters
- The system also holds the information about the existing External and Internal Infrastructure such as rail, road, air and port connectivity and other common facilities in and around the manufacturing clusters
- Links to State GIS Portals and State Land Banks
- The system has been integrated with industry-based GIS systems of 17 states to have details on the portal updated on a real-time basis.
- A mobile application was also launched on Android and iOS stores in this regard.
- The Ministry is targeting that it will achieve pan-India integration by December 2021.
- Regarding country wise visitors, after India, United States have the maximum number of visitors followed by Australia, United Kingdom, Singapore, UAE, Germany, and Indonesia.
- Demonstration of the IILB portal and mobile application was given at various outreach events to Industry Associations, Singapore Indian High Commission, Indian Embassy of Korea, KOTRA and Malaysian & Korean Investors.