Global Forest Resources Assessment (FRA) report
- Posted By
27th Jul, 2020
- The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations recently released Global Forest Resources Assessment (FRA) report.
- According to the report, India ranked third among top 10 countries where forest cover has increased in the last decade.
- China tops the list.
- The Food and Agriculture Organization bring out the report once in every five years.
- The FRA says that India accounts to 2% of total global forest area. During the decade, India accounted to 0.38% of annual gain in forest cover.
- The Asian continent, according to the report, had the highest gain in forest area between 2010 and 2020.
- Globally, there are 12.5 million people employed in forestry sector. Out of this, India accounts to 6.23 million. This is almost 50% of the world forest.
- India accounted to maximum employment in the forest sector.