Government procured just 3% of pulses, seeds targeted under PM-AASHA scheme
- Posted By
7th Dec, 2020
- Less than 3% of this season’s sanctioned amount of pulses and oilseeds have actually been procured so far under the once-hyped PM-AASHA scheme.
What is PM-AASHA?
- The PM-AASHA or Pradhan Mantri Annadata Aay Sanrakshan Abhiyan was started in 2018.
- It was to ensure that farmers growing pulses, oilseeds and copra actually get the minimum support prices they are promised for their crops each year.
- It allowed cash payment to farmers or procurement by private traders.
- The price support scheme whereby Central agencies would procure pulses and oilseeds directly from farmers.
- A 60:40 split in costs between the Centre and the States is suggested.